The new LaserDiagnosticsSoftware LDS is the software to operate all PRIMES devices of the “+“-generation (e.g. FocusMonitor FM+, BeamMonitor BM+, LaserQuality-Monitor LQM+). It is also compatible with the power measurement systems (PowerMonitor, CompactPowerMonitor, EC-PowerMonitor, Cube). Older generation devices (FM, LQM, MSM, BM-HQ) are operated by the LDS 2.98.
The new LDS features many exciting functionalities. It can be used to manage large series of measurements, has optimized algorithms for faster measurements and a clearly structured user interface. The new user guidance for standard applications makes laser beam measurement a lot more comfortable. The user interface layout can be individually customized to specific user needs. As laser power measurement and beam propagation analysis are combined into an intuitive user guidance, automated measurements are possible at the click of a single button. Multiple devices can be connected to the LDS and operated at the same time. For easy documentation of the measurement results a pdf-report function is available.
Based on the measured power density distributions, the software can be used to calculate and graphically display the beam position (center of gravity) as well as the beam dimensions for different positions along the beam axis. Derived from these values, important beam characteristics like the Rayleigh length, the beam waist radius and position, the beam quality factor M², the divergence angle, the misalignment angle and the beam parameter product (BPP) can be determined. The user can choose between different algorithms, which are in compliance with the applicable standards, and frames of reference (device coordinates, beam coordinates) to calculate these values. The algorithms used are the 2nd moment method and the 86 % power inclusion method, which are described in
DIN EN 11146.
An important feature in the new LDS is the automated evaluation of the calculated results. Various parameters (e.g. caustic fit deviation from the measured values, fill factor, number of Rayleigh lengths covered in measurement, signal-noise-ratio) are assessed with regard to set limit values, showing if the measurement is valid and the results reliable, thereby allowing an operator-independent evaluation of the measurement results.
Furthermore, a variety of evaluation tools allow the user to carry out complex analyses regarding time stability, reproducibility and process characteristics. The new LDS is the perfect tool for convenient beam diagnostics in a variety of applications from standardized routine measurements to specialized in-depth analysis of laser beam characteristics.
Features of the new LDS at a glance:
- automated one-click measurements
- operation of several devices at once
- management of large amounts of data/measurements
- user-defined presets for device/measurement settings
- customizable user interface display
- optimized algorithms for faster measurements
- automated review/evaluation of measurement parameters for robust, valid measurements independent of operator and measurement environment
- wide range of graphical displays and evaluation tools for complex analyses regarding time stability, reproducibility, process characteristics
- report function for easy documentation of results with customized reports upon request
- light and dark color schemes for use in dark and light lab environments
- evaluation tools for special measurement applications (e.g. Trifocal Analysis) can be provided upon request